We’re all about innovation and variation and we’re bringing a creative and luxurious twist on the classic meat bolognese by adding red wine. This ultimate pasta sauce is a classic, delicious, and incredibly easy to knock together.
Red Wine Bolognese:
- In a large pot, add 1 tbsp of cooking oil over medium high heat.
- When the oil starts to shimmer, add around 10 oz ground beef, 2 cloves of garlic (minced), 1 gram of dried oregano, one diced carrot (diced) and a diced yellow onion.
- Cook for 5 min, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Add a generous splash of dry red wine and cook for 1 min to slightly reduce.
- Add a small can of crushed tomatoes along with a fresh diced tomato. Reduce heat to medium, cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for 5 min.
- Stir in a handful of asiago cheese, season with salt and remove pan from heat.
- Enjoy over top pappardelle pasta!
This recipe is part of our Red Wine Beef Bolognese recipe (available for delivery week of January 16). We deliver fresh, pre-portioned ingredients straight to your door along with recipe cards so you can create nutritious meals at home. Interested in getting started? Click here for 2 FREE plates off your first order with us!