Satay (or sate in Malay) is a popular skewered meat dish from Southeast Asia.This dish features chicken tenders tossed in aromatic turmeric served alongside a peanut sauce that has become popular across the world! Enjoy!
- 20 oz chicken tenders (around 15 tenders)
- 15 wooden skewers
- 5g turmeric
- Dry the chicken tenders with a paper towel.
- Add the chicken and turmeric into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir to coat.
- Using the wooden skewers, thread the chicken and arrange in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Move the baking sheet into the oven and cook 15 min, flipping halfway through until the chicken is cooked. Remove sheets from the oven.
- For the sauce, add the peanut butter, sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and juice from half the orange into a medium bowl
- Gradually add 1/4 cup of warm water, while whisking until well combined, about 45 secs. TIP: Warm water helps create the perfect texture for the peanut dipping sauce. Add the water slowly, you may need a little more or a little less, depending on how much juice comes from the orange.
There you have it, easy peasy chicken satay skewers made in under 30 minutes! We love serving these at dinner but they also make a great party appetizer! Enjoy!